Dental Implants vs Dentures in Vancouver, BC
What are dental implants? Dental Implants are the recommended way to replace missing teeth today. our Vancouver dentists are experts in implant dentistry and has helped countless patients feel good about their smile again with dental implants
Our modern dentists in Vancouver, offer dental implants, dentures and sometimes a combination of the two. Not everyone qualifies for implants, but there are several benefits when comparing them to dentures.
What Does a Dental Implant Look Like?
The first part of a dental implant is surgically placed in the jaw, and because it is made with titanium, a material the body accepts, it is able to fuse tightly to the bone. Dental implants also have a middle section called the abutment. This piece shows above the gum line and is where the crown is attached. The crown looks just like a real human tooth and functions just like one too!
How and Why Dental Implants and Dentures Work Differently
- They are made with different materials. Dental implants are made of titanium and dentures are built with plastic and metal. The body does not reject titanium but instead allows the dental implants to fuse to the bone permanently. The materials in dentures can irritate the gums.
- They impact health differently. Dental implants are designed to mimic teeth and stimulate the jaw bone every single day. Dentures function from the gum line, causing the bone beneath to atrophy and disappear.
- They have a different shelf life. Dental implants are designed to last for many years. Some patients have them for life if they take care of them. Dentures get old and worn and need to be replaced every few years.
- They offer a different lifestyle. Dental implants require no special care to make them work. Most patients forget they are even there. Dentures depend on messy pastes and adhesives to stay on the gum line, which often fails, creating frustrating clicks and slips when chewing and talking.
- They treat different numbers of teeth. Dental implants are distinctly designed to replace as many teeth as you need. Dentures are designed for multiple missing teeth.
Discover which option works best for you and visit the modern dentist in Vancouver. Call today for a consultation.
Our dental clinic is located in Vancouver, BC, and our dentists serve patients from the Vancouver area. We specialize in cosmetic dentistry including porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, and Invisalign. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!
For More Information, Click Here.
Have Additional Questions? Call Now!
The form may take up to 3 seconds to submit, please wait patiently after submitting your ticket. Thank you